You’re tired of the same old long hairstyle and ready to chop it all off, but don’t know where to start. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. This season, short haircuts for girls are all the rage from pixie cuts to bobs to undercuts. There are so many stylish options, you’ll have a hard time picking just one. Whether you want an edgy cut to show off your bold style or a cuter do that’s low maintenance, we found 15 short haircuts any girl would love to rock. From the ever-popular pixie cut to the stylish disconnected undercut, these short hairstyles for girls will give you the fresh start you’ve been looking for.
1. The Classic Bob short haircut
The classic bob is a stylish yet low-maintenance cut. This chin-length style is perfect for those wanting a fresh, short ‘do without the hassle.
To get this cut:
- Ask your stylist for a blunt, one-length bob cut right at the chin.
- Add side swept bangs for extra style. Fringe bangs also work great with a bob.
- Style by blow drying hair straight or adding loose waves with a round brush.
- Use a smoothing product to prevent flyaways and lock in style.
This iconic cut looks chic on all hair types and face shapes. The lack of layers keeps it easy to style at home.
To switch it up, go shorter or longer, add bangs or highlights. The bob cut is a low-key, low-maintenance hairstyle that always looks fashionable and put together.
2. The Edgy Pixie Cut
The edgy pixie short haircuts are bold yet low-maintenance style
To get this edgy style:
- Ask your stylist for an asymmetrical pixie with choppy, uneven layers. Have them cut the hair in front shorter, around chin-length, and keep the back and sides tapered.
- Add side swept bangs for extra edge. Have your stylist cut the bangs unevenly and at an angle, longer on one side of your face. This helps create an stylishly messy look.
- Use a matte pomade or texturizing product to mess it up. Run the product through your damp hair with your fingers to create wispy, disheveled layers.
- You just need a regular trims every 3 to 6 weeks to maintain the shape. In between cuts, you can touch up the style at home using scissors to trim split ends and add extra choppiness.
With an edgy pixie cut, you get a daring style that’s low-key but fashion-forward. Best of all, you barely have to do anything to make it look good. Now that’s what we call a win-win.
3. The Trendy Lob (Long Bob)
The lob, or long bob, are stylish haircuts that hits somewhere between the chin and collarbone. This versatile and low-maintenance cut is flattering for most face shapes and hair textures.
The lob is a perfect in-between length, giving you the chic, blunt edges of a bob with the ability to still pull hair back or up. You can style a lob sleek and straight, wavy, or curly depending on your hair type and mood. Add bangs for an on-trend look or sweeping side bangs to frame your face. The lob is also an ideal cut for adding subtle layers and dimension.
No matter how you style it, the lob exudes a stylish yet effortless vibe. This trendy, medium-length cut is perfect if you want to go shorter but aren’t quite ready to commit to a full bob. The lob is a chic and versatile cut that allows you to change up your look from day to day.
4. The Sleek Asymmetrical Bob
The asymmetrical bob is one of the most stylish short haircuts that is longer on one side and shorter on the other, creating an edgy angled look. It’s an easy style to maintain but makes a bold statement. To get this cut, ask your stylist for an asymmetrical bob with the back cut shorter and one side longer, cut at an angle. Style it sleek and straight using a blow dryer and round brush, keeping the longer side tucked behind your ear. Finish with a shine serum to boost sleekness. This daring do works best for oval, heart and square face shapes.
5. Pompadour haircut
The pompadour is a stylish short haircuts style where the hair is swept upwards and backwards from the forehead.
To get this look:
- Start with damp hair and comb it straight back.
- Apply a strong hold product like pomade, wax or gel and comb through evenly.
- Use a round brush to lift hair up and backwards from roots while blow drying.
- Tease roots and style with your fingers for extra height and shape.
- Finish with a spritz of hairspray to keep style in place all day.
This retro style works well for most face shapes and hair textures. It’s a stylish look that’s perfect for any occasion. The height of the style can be adjusted based on personal preference and how dramatic you want the look.
6. Asymmetrical Short Haircuts
An asymmetrical cut is a bold yet versatile short hairstyle. With uneven layers cut at varying lengths, it creates an edgy look that is still feminine. This cut is ideal for those wanting an attention-grabbing yet low-maintenance ‘do.
The uneven layers add volume and texture while the asymmetry gives it a dramatic, fashion-forward vibe. Tousle it with your fingers or style it with product to enhance its choppy shape. Since the layers are cut at different lengths, you have the option to tuck one side behind your ear for an asymmetrical part. This cut works well for most face shapes and hair textures. With an asymmetrical cut, you’ll turn heads and make a stylish statement wherever you go.
7. Undercut Short Haircuts style
If you want an edgy style that’s all the rage, consider an undercut. This trendy cut leaves the top section of hair longer, while closely cropping the hair on the sides and back of the head. It’s a stylish yet low-maintenance look.
An undercut works well for straight, wavy or curly hair. It allows you to show off your natural texture on top while the short sides keep the overall cut neat and sculpted. This bold yet versatile cut suits any face shape and is ideal for girls who want an edgy, androgynous style.
8. Blunt Cut
A blunt cut is one of the simple, low-maintenance short haircuts style where the hair is cut into a straight line at the bottom. This cut ends at the chin, jawline or neck and has very little layering. The lack of angles or tapering creates a bold, dramatic look.
This no-fuss cut is perfect for anyone wanting an edgy style without a lot of styling effort. It pairs well with bangs or can be worn without. Regular trims every 4-6 weeks are key to keeping it looking fresh. For extra style, you can add subtle highlights or lowlights to enhance the boldness.
9. Cropped Cut short haircut styles
A cropped cut is a bold yet low-maintenance style. This cut ends just at the top of the ears and is tapered close on the sides and back. The minimal length on top allows for an easy, wash-and-go style but can also be styled up and spiked for extra flair. This cut flatters round face shapes by making the face appear longer and more oval. It’s also ideal for naturally curly or wavy hair since there is less length to weigh the hair down. For extra versatility, consider an undercut or shaved section at the nape of the neck. A cropped cut exudes a stylish, polished vibe perfect for school or work.
10. Shaggy Cut
The shaggy haircuts is a carefree, layered style that adds volume and texture. This choppy, uneven cut with ragged, razored edges is perfect for creating a casual, bedhead look. The shag can range from a long, shaggy cut that reaches your shoulders to a shorter, pixie-like shag.
To get this loose, messy style:
- Ask your stylist for uneven, choppy layers cut throughout your hair using a razor.
- Have the layers cut at different lengths, with the top layers left longer and sides and back tapered.
- Style by scrunching in a texturizing product and air drying or blow drying with a diffuser for maximum volume and movement. Get subtle highlights or lowlights to enhance the shaggy, multi-dimensional look.
- Trim as needed to maintain the uneven shape. The shag grows out well and looks stylishly unkempt even as it gets longer.
11. Fade Cut
The fade cut is a stylish short cut for girls that incorporates a “fade” or gradual tapering of the hair on the back and sides of the head. With longer layers on top and faded sides and back, this cut allows you to style the top in different ways while keeping the back and sides short and tapered. To get this cut, ask your stylist for a fade on the back and sides, blending into longer layers on top. Style the top layers with product and by brushing forward and up for a spiky look or sweep to the side for an edgy style. The fade cut is a bold yet low-maintenance look that pairs well with casual and street style fashion.
12. Bowl Cut
The bowl cut is a classic haircuts style that suits many face shapes. To achieve this simple yet stylish cut:
- Start with damp, towel-dried hair. Comb it straight down and smooth any tangles.
- Use clippers with guard attachments to cut the back and sides of your hair. For most bowl cuts, #2 to #4 guards work well. Run the clippers up and over the top of your head.
- Use scissors to cut the top section. Comb all your hair straight down and hold it out from your head like a bowl. Cut in a straight line following your natural hairline and the curve of your head.
- Style as desired. You can wear a bowl cut smooth and straight, parted to one side, or tousled with a bit of texture product. Bangs can be trimmed shorter for a bold look or left longer to blend in with the rest of the cut.
- Get regular trims, about every 4 to 6 weeks. Have your stylist check how the cut is growing in and trim as needed to maintain the shape.
The bowl cut is an easy, low-maintenance hairstyle that lets your fun and playful personality shine through. Pair it with some statement earrings or a stylish outfit for an on-trend look.
With so many cute short hairstyle options these days, there’s no reason to stick with the same old long locks. You can totally rock a fun new chop and feel like a whole new you. Whether you want an edgy pixie, sassy lob, or stylish undercut, the possibilities are endless. So take a chance and try something different – you won’t regret it. A new hairstyle is an easy way to boost your confidence and give yourself an instant makeover. And the best part is, if you don’t love it, hair always grows back! But we have a feeling once you go short, you’ll never want to go back. So pick your favorite from our list and take the plunge. you’ve got this, girl! Short hair, don’t care.